I recently found out through a food sensitivity test that I have a gluten sensitivity. That means anytime I consume gluten (wheat, rye, etc) I puff up and my body becomes inflamed. They say inflammation is the cause of weight gain-well there we go! A resolution maybe? I have eaten wheat my entire life thinking it was “healthy” and I was wrong. So I have been on a quest to completely remove gluten from my diet. I have found that a gluten free life isn’t hard and can be easy. On Sundays, I love to have a treat with my coffee. Instead of going out and grabbing a big NYC muffin, filled with wheat and tons of sugar, I make my own gluten free sugar free blueberry muffins. I like to control whats in my food and it make a big difference. Going gluten free doesn’t always mean you will see weight loss, but you may find that you feel better.
Gluten Free Oat Flour Blueberry Muffins-12 muffins
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter or * sub coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 Stevia packets
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp of honey * optional
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups of home made oat flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together all the wet ingredients (butter, eggs, honey, almond milk, greek yogurt, vanilla). You can use electric mixer on low or a whisk to all the ingredients together- be sure to get it to a smooth well beaten consistency.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oat flour, flax, stevia,salt, baking powder) and combine with the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Prepare muffins tins by spraying muffin pan or using paper liners. Fill each one half way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
*Because these are non-tradtional muffins they will not puff up or brown as much as normal muffins. However, the texture and flavor will be great at the end for a perfect healthy muffin.
To make this a complete breakfast add in hard boiled eggs or greek yogurt.
Note: If you are dairy free you can substitute all of the dairy with real coconut, almond or rice products. Just be sure to watch for the added sugar in some of these products.
Serving size: 1 muffin (of 12) Calories: 99 Fat: 5 grams Sugar: 4 grams/2 if you don’t use honey Carbs: 12 Protein: 4 grams
Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/glamseamless2015/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3780